Thursday, June 26, 2014

Black Destiny Publications Turned It Out

Author and Publisher Racquel Williams was born in Kingston, Jamaica and later relocated to Mount Vernon, New York.  She studied Psychology at theUniversity of Phoenix and had completed an Associate’s Degree. After struggling with different types of abuse as a child, she knew that, she wanted to make a difference in the lives of teenagers that are experiencing some form of abuse and have no one to turn to. She knows she can’t save everyone, but can make a difference in the life of one person.
Racquel’s life hasn’t always been easy and is no stranger to drama. She came home three years from serving a 37 month sentence in Federal Prison for selling crack cocaine.

   She’s relocated to Atlanta, GA with her family. She is currently working on memoir of her struggles and tribulations throughout her life.  She’s an author and also the CEO of Black Destiny Publications with several authors signed to her company.




Author Damion King

I was born and raised in Atlanta Georgia as a problem child, who got lost in the drug game and violence.  I am thirty four years old with two children with a genuine and solid support team that doesn't even add up to the amount of fingers I have.  However, I have just completed serving a fifteen year prison sentence in Georgia.  Normally my incarceration would be looked upon as my biggest failure, but I must admit that my incarceration has been more of a gift to me than a curse.  Prison for me, as a state institution, was not rehabilitative without me seeking a higher learning through self rehabilitation on every level.  Fortunately, by force prison has molded me into the Epitome of Masculinity that I have become over time.  Even though I have missed the most important years of my life trapped inside a foreign and distant world prison is where I pursued, obtained, studied, practiced and performed on a variety of levels that has allowed me to achieve and reach heights of unknown possibilities that continue to amaze me.  Despite the stagnating obstacles and life threatening situations that I have experienced, endured, survived and overcame along my journey of life. I have been blessed with the opportunity to win win win for a greater cause.  Failure is not an option! Not only did I enlightened myself behind the walls in ways that I wouldn’t have been able to had I not went to prison but now I’m going corporate….. From convicted felon to author to CEO.

Show Link

 


No comments:

Post a Comment